I am rapidly coming to the conclusion, as these bizarre studies keep tumbling in, that serious personal engagement in social media is an absolute prerequisite for corporate leadership in 2012. And given the numbers, it’s also the single biggest opportunity for developing competitive advantage.
And here’s a project – anyone want to team up? Remedial social education camp: Every Fortune 500 CEO and other C-Suite denizen, every member of their boards, unless they are in the tiny minority actively and seriously engaged, needs to come spend a week being enabled to understand the single most dynamic force in the world in which they are operating.
Here are some of the most telling numbers.
- 5 of the 19 CEOs on Twitter have never tweeted, and other accounts are “underutilized”
- 25 of the 38 CEOs on Facebook have less than 100 friends
- only four CEOs are on Google+ (including Larry Page)
- not a single Fortune 500 CEO is on Pinterest
Here’s the report. Pour yourself a stiff drink before opening.
- The CIO Issue is about Strategy; Strategy; got that? (futureofbiz.org)
- CEOs, C-Suites, and Suicide (futureofbiz.org)
- The Two Most Stunning Facts about American Business (futureofbiz.org)